Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Harry Potter




So, I finished Harry Potter and I loved it! If you want to discuss it post a comment. That way those that haven't read/finished it yet won't have to see anything they don't want to!

15 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't see the whole Harry as a horcrux part coming. That was a good twist. I did think that Voldemort was going to kill him though. I initially thought Harry was going to die. I liked how you got to know Dumbledore better. I knew Snape was good!! What else what else...

Hayley said...

i liked getting to know dumbledore better. i thought harry was kinda hard/untrusting of him. and in many ways, i am glad that snape was loyal to dumbledore. don't think he was always "good" though. but how interesting that he loved lily potter! i am already ready to read it again! :)

Randal Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Oh man, I liked the whole "Harry was a horcrux" twist, too. I got all teary-eyed when he knew he was going to die and had to walk in the forest with his parents, etc.--I'm such a nerd. I was glad, too, that Snape turned out loyal to Dumbledore--Snape's memories were interesting to see. It was interesting, too, what happened with Draco & his mom--it made me like them a little. The whole book was pretty exciting--I wasn't crazy about Ron when he went all weird on Harry, I wanted to kick him in the nuts--except he is, in fact, fictional...enough from me. I loved it...

Hayley said...

i at times find both ron and harry irritating. they're both whiney & kinda egocentric. get over yourselves boys! hermione on the other hand - only became more dear to me throughout the series, aside from book four when she got a little annoying about the house elves.

Jori said...

I have a smartie pants friend that predicted Harry was a horcrux after book 6. When she told me her theory, I was like crap I'm sure you're right. I totally thought Harry was dead in chapt. 34. I was SO sad. I thought she was trying to make him a noble character. I loved that she united all of Hogwarts in the fight and brought back past characters like oliver wood,lee jordan, katie bell. I loved mcgonagall leading them. I was worried she would have Harry fighting all by himself. Loved the Mrs. Weasley/Bellatrix fight. I love that she had Neville pull the sword and of the hat and kill Nagini. I am happy that ol' J.K. loves these characters as much as we do!

Holly O. said...

I wasn't annoyed with Ron, am I crazy. I can see how that little feller must always feel like he is "the other one" being Harry's bestie. But, when he had to destroy the horcrux and it started shooting out all his worst fears, I felt sorry for the little nerd. Hermione was pretty darn cute in this book. And I cried when Dobby died, how big of a nerd am I??

Jori said...

yikes I cried when doby died too. SO sad. he's just trying to help and get's knifed for it.

Hayley said...

no, i agree holly - ron did have quite the shadow that he lived in. but he did on occassion get whiney. not so much in this one. (i was thrilled when he came back to harry & hermione!)

100 Percent Cottam said...

so harry did die?

Heather said...

Natalie do you really want to know...Harry finds out that he is a horcrux and that for Voldemort to be defeated he must die. So he volunarily goes to Voldemort and he does cast the killing curse. But it's just the horcrux that dies not Harry. There's a little more to it than that, but Harry is alive at the end. I loved how Mcgonagall and Mrs. Weasley got all bad a**ed. Dobby dieing was sad, but I did like how she brought back old characters to help fight the war.

Kristi said...

Holly--your comment cracked me up. I thought Harry was a bit annoying about Dumbledore, too & Ron has to live in Harry's shadow a lot which would suck, but dude, don't get little man's complex over it, right? Just Kidding. I did feel sorry for Ron when all his fears came out--that was a good one by ol' JK. Natalie, you crack me up for reading all this.

Mom said...

I cried when Harry kissed his son in the epilogue at the train and we found out he had named him Albus Severus. We knew about the Albus but the middle name was a surprise. Great series.

Heather said...

I loved the series too and I'm sad they are all over-that is starting to sink in!

Mom said...

What was making all the noise in the corner when Harry was talking to Dumbledore after he almost "died." I missed it if they explained what/who that was.