So, you know we have filled, yes filled, a storage unit, full o-stuff/crap! Full of what??? Stuff that I don't need. Why did I need that cabinet full of Tupperware and Gladware?? The new house (if all goes well- it will be our house) has a full basement, and I can't wait. I'll just treat that space like the storage unit...a storage unit that I can actually go and get stuff. So, for instance toys. Everybody has toys, it's just very streamlined. Why can't I just rotate toys?? Lots of people do it. Another thing, I love having clear counter tops and clear surfaces. NO piles and NO clutter and NO junk! (now this is easier without Scott...he does tend to have his "piles" of stuff:) It is so refreshing. Seriously though, I'm even liking to clean up.
As for the simplifying part, did I tell you that I stopped showering in my shower?? We are just dirtying up one bathroom these days. AND the kids are all sleeping in the guest room. It's a big "sleep over" every night. I wonder how long that will last. But it is loads easier making one bed instead of 3. (They make the bed, but let's face it...I was remaking. The kids make up the bed fine when you aren't showing the house)
Cleaning is so much easier when you live like this. Yesterday, the realtor called at 12:55, and said he was "in the neighborhood and wanted to show the house, was that okay?" Well, since I was at TARGET, and didn't have time to run home and pick up, I said yes! Good thing Fly Lady has taught me so well. Maybe you should be calling me Bree Van de Kamp.
8 comments:
you do have that bree thing going on! :) i'm impressed. i agree, streamlined is better. i've got to figure out how to make that work for me. maybe less computer time, more housework time?
uh can you come clean my house this weekend? i'm seriously grounding myself until its taken care of! i've been living in a cess pool for too long!
I'm really enjoying the kids all sleeping in one bed. You have this down to a science. It is making me laugh but I have to tell you that is one smart idea.
Good girl! You know how to keep a house show ready. Maybe you should give ol' fly lady some tips.
I hate it when a house is on the market. I remember putting everything from the top of the counter in the bathroom into a shoe box and shoving it under the sink -- and it worked well. Maybe a small lesson there!
I'm all about the less is more lately. I've been purging tons of stuff...not to move,but so I can keep the house orderly while I'm in school. Check out this website...she's all about being green and living well with less...http://thesimplefamily.com
I wish I could live more simply as well. I was reading something about the size of the average American family being so much smaller than before and the size of the American house being so much larger than before AND the biggest growing industry is storage units! So these smaller families still have TOO MUCH STUFF to fit in their huge houses! Go figure.
Heather, you are wonder woman!! I think that is smart to only use one bathroom and one bed--less work is more...freedom!! You are the next fly lday...
Post a Comment