Wednesday, January 16, 2008

shoulda, woulda, coulda

I've got two sickies home today. Hannah is the next to fall. Poor kids though. Last night Hunter had a fever of 104.9*! Hannah's was 102*. Needless to say, I called the doctor at 7:20 and they were there by 7:50. Tamiflu baby. Hopefully, it helps. Hunter was close to bronchitis too so he has an antibiotic. Wouldn't you know, they are all out of the flu shot. Bummer. We have gotten before a few years ago, but I didn't do it this year. Should have. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. My friend Kellie came over to watch the other kids. Thank heavens for good neighbors!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I have two sick home as well! Fevers and congestion. Parker has already been to the doctor and I hope I don't have to take Maddie. Mostly, I'm just crossing my fingers the other two don't fall prey.

Jan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the sickies. That's so hard just in general - -but when you're on your own, it's harder still. Hope they all get well super fast.

Mom said...

I bet they get their flu shot next year. I get one every year and times like you are having makes me happy I did it. I'm crossing my fingers that Hayden and Hope pass.

Hayley said...

i'm so sorry that they have the flu. keep hayden & hopey away! (are the kids sleeping in their own beds yet?)

Holly O. said...

I have never had a flu shot. Weird, I know. I hope the other kids don't get it. I am so happy to finally be rid of the high fever/coughing around here. It took two months though!

Jennifer said...

I hope they get better soon. Yup, one year with the flu and Jordan out a week and a half of school and now we all get the shot every year. They say you only get the flu once every 10 years anyway. I wonder if there is any truth to that? Feel better Hunter and Hannah, and stay healthy Hope and Hayden!

Heather said...

Yeah I hope you only get it once every ten years. I had it this year already (well late last year anyway) so I'm covered!! Hunter has looked like a truck ran over him. Hannah still is looking like a movie star ;)

Kristi said...

Those are some serious fevers--so sorry they are feeling sick...I hope they get better asap.

100 Percent Cottam said...

soooo sorry! that sucks. my kids have had the shot, but i haven't. time to knock on wood!