I was up a lot last night. Hannah got the dreaded flu bug. Actually, I don't know if I blogged about this, Hunter had the stomach flu over the weekend. As Monday came and went...I crossed my fingers and thought maybe just maybe we had escaped without further casualties. Not so lucky. Little skinny Hannah that doesn't have an ounce of fat to spare is now the sick one. Actually, she seems much better. After a long nap this morning and a DVD player in her bed-miracles are happening here. I made the mistake of telling her school that she threw up, but she was already looking better so she'd probably be in tomorrow...oh no. They have to be throw-up free for 48 hours? 48 hours?? What? I've never heard that rule before, I think it's excessive. I even called the kids doctor and they agreed with me, 24 hours sounds about right. I even called the school and questioned them, but she directed me to the school web-site. Oh bother. I just don't want her missing so much school. With all those snow days, and then she is missing Friday to drive to Utah for Hayley's wedding. We will have to load her up with work to do in the car.
In other sad news, my dog Scout is not doing well at all! He is going down hill. This morning he was going pee, and mid-pee he collapsed, then he couldn't get up for 10 minutes. Hunter and I had to pick him up and help him. All the while he was looking at me with those eyes. I'm convinced getting old sucks. I have a vet appointment for him later this afternoon. I don't want to go, I don't want to hear what they tell me. Plus, how do I leave him hanging on like this while we go away for the weekend? I don't know what to do, and feel just terrible. Scout has been a huge part of our lives. How do you know when it's time to say when? Just for the record, I HATED that Marley and Me movie-hated it. On that sad note, I will go, I must take a shower and prepare for the dreaded vet appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That movie bugged me too for more reasons than one. Made Christmas day kind of sad. They didn't even get a new dog, like in the book. And I had some explaining to do to the kids if you know what I mean. Blah.
Have a good trip to UT. and congrats to Hayley!
So sorry about Scout. Hope Hannah is up and about soon. Of course, Scott is in Italy. Why is it when we have our problems the traveling hubby is usually gone.
Shoot. I hope he's okay. Give us an update as soon as you have one!
From Diana
Hi, So good to see you Saturday evening. You are absolutely gorgeous!
I do hope Scout gets better. The eyes get you every time, don't they? He sounds like a wonderful dog. Remember the golden we had back in Hoffman? Maybe I was a little paranoid, but I think it paid off in the end. I gave her only RO water to drink and even some supplements from time to time in addition to her regular food. Should have been better on the dental thing but she still lived 16 1/2 good years.
Hope you had a good trip home. It was so good to see and your whole family again.
Post a Comment